Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall is HERE!!!

Okay so its fall. You know I actually don't like seeing the leaves turn colors? Its pretty awful. Its just the first sign of death. sigh. oh well.

This first recipe is a staple of mine. It is so delicious and easy I would eat it every day. I think I actually did sophomore year.

Potatoes sliced and baked and stuff

-slice up potatoes, as many as you want,
-drizzle olive oil over them,
-toss with salt and pepper and
-chopped onions,

bake at 450 for 15 min, flip/stir around, bake another 10. PRESTO BAKED YUMMINESS!!


the pictures are kind of weird. Its hard to take pictures of food. Has anyone else noticed that? it either looks cold, dry, greasy, or flat out nasty. Whatever. I didn't have time to be a photo editing pro at my potatoes.

seriously I've never had anyone turn these down. cept jake one time. cuz i made him eat them for like 3 days straight. if you want to get really crazy in the kitchen, add some cheese during the last 10 min baking.

Oh hey guess what I did? I got a settee on craigslist and recovered it. check it out






I didn't realize the last photo was out of focus when I uploaded it. work with me here, I'm a busy college kid who just so happens to have an extra 30 min to fill the internet with more mindless propaganda that blogging perpetuates. But its kind of fun. knowing your fam fam can look at pictures and fluff about your mindless propaganda.

like this







Okay thats basically my living room and apartment. Almost all of that you see it mine. Kate brought the little table in the dining room and the two chairs. but everything else you see is what I did or brought. I painted that picture on friday last week lol.

I have to put this recipe on. It is literally the best bread Kate and I have ever made. I am making it for the 3rd time tonight. It has a crusty crust (ha) and soft interior. I have never made a batter bread before. This has an extra long rise time because it time  develops the gluten instead of kneading. anyway, its the best.


 I don't know how well you people know me (Who are you people?? aunt pam? alyssa? momma? lol) but I have made a lot of bread in my (short) time. I started making bread in 9th grade, and it seems as though all of that practice was wasted once I found the perfect recipe that requires nothing from me but like 5 ingredients and time.


Crusty (delicious, gourmet, artisan etc) Bread

 If you can't read it, thats too bad. i'm too lazy to type it out. Plus the way this blogger thing is formatted its hard to see my image and type at the same time. But anyway, I also made this fantastic buttermilk poundcake that I just have to put on this post because I loved it so much. I have never loved batter, but I couldn't stop eating the batter for this poundcake. It also was the most heavenly scent wafting from the oven. I just like my pictures of my recipes scrawled on loose papers or in my tattered lime green moleskin notebook.

Apparently I have a lot of words tonight. lots of typey-type. Too much. Gotta stop. Loves.


1 comment:

  1. I like this. There are many things I like about this.
    1. Hero
    2. Your painting. It reminds me of a reverse artichoke.
    3. Pictures of your recipes - genius.
    4. Your rittle birdies
    5. Potatoes
    6. Your settee
    Not necessarily in that order. I guess that pretty much covers this entire post - lol!
    Lyss

    ReplyDelete